|Version 214 (modified by jeroen, 4 years ago) (diff)|
If you're living in (or willing to relocate to) New York, NY or Eindhoven, NL and you're looking to join a cutting-edge online video company, please send us your resume!
Great Jobs Are Available
JW Player for Flash
There's a separate overview page for the JW Player for Silverlight?.
Read these pages if you want to get started with the JW Player:
- An overview? of the player structure and functionalities.
- All flashvars? for customizing the layout, behaviour and files to load.
- All supported formats?, streaming types and XML playlists.
- Crossdomain security? restrictions and solutions.
If you want to learn about embedding the player (or another Flash movie) on a website, the swfobject wiki is the place to go.
API & Plugins
- All events? that are broadcasted by the player.
- Building plugins? to extend the player's functionality.
These pages are for Flash designers that want to create custom skins for the player:
- How to skin the player? using Flash CS3.
- A skin reference? that contains the name and nesting of all elements.
A couple of high-quality skins (including .fla and fonts) are available as free download in the source browser.
The latest version can be checked out through Subversion:
svn co http://developer.longtailvideo.com/svn/trunk/as3
In the addons section of our public site, a lot of plugins are available for use with the JW Player. Here's the documentation of the plugins we built ourselves: