|Version 206 (modified by jeroen, 4 years ago) (diff)|
JW Player for Flash
These pages provide a complete reference to the JW Player.
Read these pages if you want to get started with the JW Player:
- An overview of the player structure and functionalities?
- All flashvars, for customizing the layout, behaviour and files to load?
- All supported file formats, streaming types and XML playlists?
- About the crossdomain security restrictions?
If you want to learn about embedding the player (or another Flash movie) on a website, the swfobject wiki is the place to go.
API & Plugins
- All events that are broadcasted by the player?
- An introduction to building, testing and submitting plugins?
We also have a handy plugin development SDK you can use to quickly start building plugins. It contains a copy of the testing page and some plugin templates. Note that you can use open-source tools to build plugins!
These pages are for Flash designers that want to create custom skins for the player:
A couple of high-quality skins (including .fla and fonts) are available as free download in the source browser.
The latest version can be checked out through Subversion:
svn co http://developer.longtailvideo.com/svn/trunk/as3
In the addons section of our public site, a lot of plugins are available for use with the JW Player. Here's the documentation of the plugins we built ourselves: