|Version 173 (modified by jeroen, 4 years ago) (diff)|
JW Player for Flash
The JW Player for Flash is the most-used flavor. It is built in actionscript 3 and allows you to play back a multitude of media formats through the Adobe Flash Player. The public site contains both a short a short introduction and the latest download. This site contains all documentation, source code and bugtracking for the JW Player. All publisher-aimed info can still be found at www.longtailvideo.com, but this site is used to offer developers more info and feedback opportunities.
Some more publisher-centric tutorials can be found on the public website. All development tutorials can be found right here. If you want to learn about embedding Flash, the swfobject wiki is the place to go.
- Building plugins? for the Player.
- The YouSearch plugin? re-built.
- Crossdomain security? considerations.
- Embedding the player? in Flex.
- [SkinningThePlayer Skinning the JW Player] in Flash CS3.
These references provide a compete overview of what's supported within the JW Player:
- An architectural overview? of the player.
- All packages and classes? used in the source code.
- All skinning elements? (names and nesting).
In the addons section of our public site, a lot of plugins are available for use with the JW Player. Here's the source code of the plugins we built ourselves. Read the included .xml file for a description and the available flashvars:
- Audiodescription: play a closed audiodescription parallel to the main file, for accessibility or director's comments use.
- Autostarter: automatically start a movie the first X times for a user.
- Captions: display closed captions of a video, in SRT or W3C Timedtext format.
- HD: offer an HD version of a video to users.
- Livestream: poll for the availability of a live videostream. When available, the player automatically switches.
- Metaviewer: display enclosed metadata in FLV and MP4 files.
- Revolt: show cool visualizations and equalizers in the player.
- Snapshot: create a JPG snapshot of a video and send it to your server.
- Yousearch: search and play youtube videos.
svn co http://developer.longtailvideo.com/svn/tags/mediaplayer-4.4
Full changelogs for each version can be requested here.