|Version 147 (modified by jeroen, 4 years ago) (diff)|
JW Player for Flash
The JW Player for Flash is the most-used flavor. It is built in actionscript 3 and allows you to play back a multitude of media formats through the Adobe Flash Player. Here's both a short introduction and the player download.
This site contains all documentation, source code and bugtracking for the JW Player. All basic info can still be found at www.longtailvideo.com, but this site is used to offer developers more info and feedback opportunities. Please see the Roadmap to check future release dates and features. As always, feedback is highly welcomed. Other player flavors:
- JW Player for Silverlight?
- [ImageRotator JW Image Rotator]
The more publisher-centric tutorials can be found on the public site:
- Embedding the JW Player in an HTML page.
- HTTP Video streaming: seeking, throttling, security, lighttpd.
- Making video accessible (fallbacks, captions, audiodescription).
The more developer-aimed tutorials can be found right here:
- Building plugins? for the Player.
- [SkinningThePlayer Skinning the JW Player] in Flash CS3.
- The YouSearch plugin? re-built.
- Embedding the player? in Flex.
- Supported files and playlists?.
- Supported variables? (flashvars).
- All skinning elements? (names and nesting).
- All events used in the player?.
- Crossdomain security? considerations.
svn co http://developer.longtailvideo.com/svn/tags/mediaplayer-4.2
Full changelogs for each version can be requested here.