Ticket #904 (closed feature: fixed)
Unified plugin API
|Reported by:||jeroen||Owned by:||zach|
|Cc:||pablo, jeroen, zach||Forum thread:|
- positioning - how does the plugin know where the player is on the page?
- api - looks like we're not missing anything here, but we should pay attention.
- instantiation - what's the nicest way to instantiate plugins? Concatenating them to $().jwplayer()? Inserting a 'plugins()' array? Or is it up to the plugin?
- buttons - we'd probably want the addControlbarButton() and addDockButton from the 5.x player (see #903).
A couple of ideas for plugins that could get traction fast:
Perhaps an adnetwork as well - like Scanscout?
- Summary changed from Basic plugin API or ''best practice'' to Unified plugin API