Ticket #895 (closed feature: fixed)
Graceful error handling
|Reported by:||jeroen||Owned by:||zach|
Right now, the player crashes and throws undecipherable error messages to the API when something is wrong. We should:
- move the player back to an idle state
- generate a user-friendly error message
- show that error message in the display.
As an example, the most common error is probably the file not found. It can be easily faked by setting a nonexisting video. This throws the following error in Safari:
- INVALID_STATE_ERR: DOM Exception 11.
We probably want it to say something like:
- File not found: /static/video/bunnu.mp4
This error translation logic should probably live at the Model / View level, so both internal components and external (API) scripts can leverage them.