Ticket #755 (closed feature: duplicate)
Create chromeless HTML5 player
|Reported by:||jeroen||Owned by:||jeroen|
|Cc:||zach, pablo||Forum thread:|
Separately building a chromeless HTML5 player and a controlbar makes a lot of sense. The controlbar can then be re-used for e.g. the Flash / Silverlight player.
The chromeless player itself is in essence just a wrapper around the video tag, which defines a number of API calls / events to easily allow controlbar - player interaction. For consistency, it's good to make these calls very similar to the Flash V5 API.
Methods that can be called upon the player (modelled after the JW5 API):
- ply.fullscreen(boolean): set the full-browser-screen mode. Discard the parameter for a toggle.
- ply.mute(boolean): set the mute mode. Discard the parameter for a toggle.
- ply.pause(boolean): set the play/pause mode. Discard the parameter for a toggle.
- ply.seek(number): seek to a position in the video, in seconds.
- ply.stop(): stop playback, unload the video and display the preview image.
- ply.volume(number): set the volume percentage of this video, 0 to 100.
Player events that can be listened to (ply.addEventListener(event,function). The player and all media events of the player:
- ready: player is done initializing.
- buffer (percentage): the percentage of the video buffered has changed.
- loaded: the video has completed buffering.
- time(position,duration: the playback position changes.
- complete: the video has completed watched.
- volume(percentage): the volume changes.
- error(message): an error prevented the player from playing the video.
- state(newstate,oldstate): the playback state changed: IDLE, BUFFERING, PLAYING, PAUSED