Ticket #628 (closed enhancement: duplicate)
PNG Skinning bugs + enhancements
|Reported by:||jeroen||Owned by:||zach|
|Cc:||pablo, jeroen||Forum thread:|
Description (last modified by pablo) (diff)
A couple of changes to the skinning model should smooth some of the rough edges. This ticket has been split up in bugs (should get fixed for 5.1) and enhancements (5.2 things, or stuff we'd talk about):
- The shade can be discarded if we don't do PNG colorization (it was only needed in case we'd color)
- The controlbar fontsize option is not working. It sticks to 10px.
- 700 The fullscreen buttons are placed left instead of right of the mute/volume.
- There's no spacing at the right of the volume slider.
- The timeSliderThumb should be hidden if there's no duration. Right now, it can be moved around e.g. before the video starts, but that's a little strange.
- Both thumbs (time + volume) have their _x set from 0 + slider.width.
- The display and buttons with PNG skins must get a handcursor instead of the default error, so people know it's clickeable (buttonMode=true). The buttons of the built-in skin do have this handcursor.
- playlist items have a 1px spacing in between them, probably because the thumb is positioned at 1,1 instead of at 0,0.
- the font of the playlistitem duration seems to be _serif (the default) instead of _sans_. This makes the playlist design look slightly inconsistent. It's also nice if this fount is boldened (like the playlistitem title).
- The playlistitem duration is also positioned a few pixels higher than the title. If the bottom of both are aligned, there'll be more structure in the design.
- The overall color settings don't seem to be much needed. I'd remove them before we end up having to support this for backward compatibility reasons. Having the 'colors' into the default controlbar (for backward compatibility) is fine I think.
- The controlbar could use an additional setting: fontcolor. This seems to be the only thing that actually uses the overall color settings.
- The skin developer should be able to specify the ordering and appearance of the various elements in the controlbar, including elapsed and remaining time.
- The text fields (elapsed and remaining time) should have the ability to specify a size, color and font weight
- There should be a sliderspacing setting. This seting controls five different spacings:
- Between the divider and elapsedTime
- Between the elapsedTime and timeSlider
- Between the timeSlider and remainingTime
- Between the remainingTime and divider
- Between the volumeSlider and divider
- The display could use an additional setting buffer-rotation. This will set the number of degrees the buffer Icon gets rotated. The rotation can occur at a fixed framerate of 10fps. With this single variable, one could build smooth rotations (small rotation), stepped rotations (big number) and no rotations (0 rotation).
- Like the dock icons, the display icons could get an over state. This will make stuff like Hulu (rollover playicon) possible.
- The playlist slider rail could use caps (begin / end), to allow skinners to make it look more like a scrollbar. The current setup (rail + thumb) is very limiting.
- A playlist fontsize (in addition to the controlbar one) might be useful, so people can make bigger playlists. Remember the current 11px fontsize is quite small.
- The thumb in playlistitems has a fixed width, which results in arbitrary aspect ratios. I'd recommend to always use a 4:3 aspectratio for playlist thumbs, so:
- The height of the thumb is exactly the height of the playlistitem.
- The width of the thumb is 4:3 the height of the thumb.
- The elapsed time and duration text fields should have the ability to have background images
- Description modified (diff)
- Summary changed from Suggestions for skinning changes to PNG Skinning bugs + enhancements