Ticket #1673 (new feature)
Define keyboard focus and shortcuts
|Reported by:||pablo||Owned by:||jeroen|
Description (last modified by jeroen) (diff)
At present, there's no clear model for managing mouse/keyboard focus in the player. This leads to such issues as:
- When keyboard tabbing through an idle HTML5 player, the hidden buttons are actually accessible and working, leading to un-anticipated player states.
- When tabbing in a playing HTML5 player, buttons are disappearing again.
- When a Flash player with visible controlbar completes, the controlbar stays visible. The logo does hide though.
- In HTML5, the controls stay visible when hovering them. In Flash the controls hide after a timeout.
- In both Flash and HTML5, the controls still hide when the mouse hovers the display.
- In Flash, the play icon highlights when hovering the controls or sidebar.
We should define and implement an easy to understand model for focus and keyboard control.
Next, we can implement a set of shortcut keys that are available to the viewer when the player is in focus:
- Space: play/pause toggle
- Left/right: seek forward and backward 10 seconds
- Up/down: raise or lower the volume by 10 percent
- Summary changed from Controls should be visible if player has tab focus to Rationalize and define player mouse/keyboard focus
- Component changed from html5 to general
- Description modified (diff)
- Milestone changed from Player 6.0 beta to Player 6.0
- Summary changed from Rationalize and define player mouse/keyboard focus to Define player mouse/keyboard focus
- Milestone changed from Player 6.0 to Backlog