Ticket #1576 (closed enhancement: worksforme)
Accessibility features in the player for WCAG compliance
|Reported by:||pablo||Owned by:||jeroen|
Description (last modified by jeroen) (diff)
Accessibility requirements; we should define what we want to support and what not:
Taken primarily from the features in the OSU version, but the bottom line is full, section 508 compliance without needing additional plugins.
- Accessible to screen reader (like JAWS) and keyboard: All controls are accessible via the keyboard alone, and buttons and controls are announced by the screen reader.
- Labels for controls (on, off, on mouse over)
- Captions and audio description built in.
- Full complement of shortcut keys
- Keyboard-accessible full-screen mode
- Jump increments determined by movie length
- Volume increments screen reader accessible
- Maintain a proper heading order: These non-visible headings are there so that screen reader users can easily find information about the movie and the movie controls. Web page authors can specify the level of the first heading, so that the page heading outline is maintained.
- Support the SAMI format for Closed Captioning
All functionality should be available in both Flash and HTML5
The Label Accessiweb FR doesn't validate this version of JW Player. http://www.braillenet.org/accessibilite/cellule/label.htm
This would be great to ensure the support of WCAG : http://www.longtailvideo.com/support/jw-player/22/making-video-accessible
- Forum thread set to http://www.longtailvideo.com/support/forums/jw-player/feature-suggestions/24092/wcag-labels
- Owner set to jeroen
- Milestone changed from Backlog to Player 6.0 beta
- Description modified (diff)
- Forum thread http://www.longtailvideo.com/support/forums/jw-player/feature-suggestions/24092/wcag-labels deleted
- Milestone changed from Player 6.0 beta to Player 6.0