Ticket #1447 (closed enhancement: fixed)
When stretching=uniform, fill screen if just not filling.
|Reported by:||jeroen||Owned by:||pablo|
Description (last modified by jeroen) (diff)
It's very common for videos and/or preview images to just not exactly fit the display. This because of:
- mod_16 limitations around encoding (some video dimensions are mod_16, others are mod_8, others are not)
- adaptive streaming and mod_xx limitations (during a streaming session, the small bars will show or not).
- mod_xx in combination with preview images (you then have to basically choose: make the image fit the screen or the video)
This leads to annoying small black bars above/below or left/right of the video.
We should fix this issue in the Stretcher by sticking the element to the container dimensions if its dimensions are just a little bit off. For example:
- The stretcher calculates the object dimensions for uniform stretching.
- If the dimension that's smaller than the container is <5% smaller, set it to the container dimension.
- Priority set to Normal
- Summary changed from New stretching mode: auto to When stretching=uniform, fill screen if just not filling.
- Description modified (diff)
- Milestone changed from Backlog to Player 5.8