Ticket #1409 (closed enhancement: fixed)
Tidy up iOS play sequence
|Reported by:||jeroen||Owned by:||pablo|
The video start sequence on iOS needs some work. There's a few steps visible before the actual video plays (on both iPad and iPhone):
- First, the poster image with the skinned play icon is visible.
- When clicking, the screen turns black and the JW Player logo pops in.
- Then the poster image returns (probably now it's the video tag poster attribute?)
- Then the iOS play icon pops up. This is the biggest issue, since it looks one has to click play again (may stay up for 1sec)
- Then the iOS controlbar pops up, with a spinning icon in the middle. The screen turns black again.
- Last, the first frame of the video pops in and the iOS controlbar displays the elapsed/remaining time and scrubber.
If we can decrease the number of steps (e.g. by not adding videoElement.poster, by hiding videoElement until video starts, by not setting videoElement.controls until video starts), the startup will look smoother. We probably won't be able to get rid of all steps, b/c some are from the OS.
- Cc http://www.longtailvideo.com/support/forums/jw-player/using-playlists/23054/playlist-problems-when-using-ioshtml5-pseudostreaming added
- Priority set to Normal