Ticket #1397 (closed bug: fixed)
Playlist API inconsistent
|Reported by:||jeroen||Owned by:||pablo|
|Priority:||Normal||Milestone:||Player 6.0 beta|
Both the onPlaylist() and getPlaylist() calls should return an array with objects in which e.g. the following properties are available:
Additional properties may show, e.g. when the plugins use the playlist too.
This array is correctly returned in the following cases:
- Flash and HTML5 mode, playlist configuration object, onPlaylist() or getPlaylist() API call
- Flash and HTML5 mode, playlistfile XML playlist, onPlaylist() or getPlaylist() API call
In all cases where a file parameter is used (i.e. no playlist but a single entry), things go awry:
- HTML5 mode, onPlaylist() or getPlaylist() API call: full player state object is returned, including all configuration parameters and references to controlbar component.
- Flash mode, onPlaylist(): unparsed playlist is returned, including dot variables of all configuration properties that contain a dot (such as controlbar.position).
- Flash mode, getPlaylist(): parsed playlist is returned, however it is including variables of all configuration properties that contain a dot (such as controlbar.position).
Since the case where a file parameter is used is most frequent, these issues make playlist manipulation quite difficult.