Ticket #1303 (closed feature: wontfix)
|Reported by:||jeroen||Owned by:||jeroen|
|Cc:||pablo, zach||Forum thread:|
Description (last modified by jeroen) (diff)
The inability to set color options is - by far - the biggest drawback of the PNG skinning model compared to that of the SWF one. Moreover, the issue is not so much that a full set of colors cannot be chosen; the issue is that what we called the lightcolor (or accent color) cannot be chosen anymore. This becomes apparent when browsing through SWF skins of the hundreds of pre-PNG BOTR customers.
We should investigate if there's not somehow a way to still get some colorization options back. Previous investigations that focused on all coloring options encountered several stumbling blocks, but if we keep the scope very narrow we might be able to do something. For example:
- Must work in conjunction with PNG skinning model.
- Must work in both Flash and HTML5.
- Must take transparency into account (transparent parts of PNG need to stay transparent).
- Must set color to the following elements:
- Controlbar button rollovers
- Controlbar timeSliderProgress/volumeSliderProgress
- Dock button rollovers
- Display button rollovers
- Playlist text rollovers
Note this will only look nice for monochromatic colored images, which is fine. For example, the setting will look great with the skins we officially support.
- Priority set to Normal
- Type changed from enhancement to feature
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution set to wontfix