= Open Video Ads =
Welcome to the [http://www.openvideoads.org Open Video Ads] (OVA) '''Developer Site''' - The home of the web's leading GPL based Open Source initiative dedicated to the development and distribution of Flash (AS3) and HTML5 technology that enables the implementation of IAB VAST compliant Video Players.
If you are looking to deliver video ads to your website using open source technologies or to produce a 'IAB VAST compliant' video player then this is the project for you.
If you want to follow the project, you can keep up on this site:
* Follow along with the [/roadmap project roadmap]
* Search and review the status of [report:3 support tickets]
== Dev Corner ''(Registration Required)'' ==
[/register Register now] as a developer and get greater access to the project:
* Download the [wiki:OvaDownload source packages]
* [/browser Browse the source], view diffs, etc
* Get access to the [wiki:OvaSubversionAccess OVA SVN repository]
* [/newticket Create a ticket] when you identify an issue
* Receive regular communication from the developer community regarding the latest OVA developments
== Recent Release History ==
* '''March 25, 2013''': Added support for the VAST Survey tag
* '''March 5, 2013''': Support added for the AdOcean Ad Server
* '''July 30, 2012''': The 1.1.0 Final release is out - download via the "[wiki:OvaDownload Latest Releases]" page
* '''June 27, 2012''': The 1.1.0 RC is in QA - download via the "[wiki:OvaDownload Latest Releases]" page
* '''April 30, 2012''': The 1.0.1 production release is out - download via the "[wiki:OvaDownload Latest Releases]" page
* '''April 26, 2012''': The final 1.0.1 release candidate is out (1.0.1 Final)
* '''April 25, 2012''': The next stable release candidate - 1.0.1 RC2
* '''April 16, 2012''': 1.0.1 RC2 has added the ability to skip an ad after a nominated period of time
* '''April 10, 2012''': 1.0.1 RC2 has introduced a new build process to help reduce the plugin SWF size
* '''March 18, 2012''': The next stable release candidate - 1.0.1 RC1
* '''February 10, 2012''': The new v1.0.0 production build is available for download
== What is OVA? ==
The foundation of OVA is an open source (GPL3), ActionScript 3 framework that implements the IAB VAST 1.0 and 2.x standards. The framework supports the delivery of linear (pre/mid/post) video ad (MP4/FLV) and interactive (SWF) streams, non-linear (overlay) interactive (SWF) and non-interactive (image, html, text) overlays, along with companion advertising.
On top of that framework, we have built commercial implementations as plugins for the JW Player and Flowplayer. As such, OVA consists of four products:
* OVA for AS3 (the core GPL3 framework - [http://www.longtailvideo.com/support/open-video-ads/ova-for-as3 documentation])
* OVA for JW Player 5 (commercial plugin - [http://www.longtailvideo.com/open-video-ads/ try or buy], [http://www.longtailvideo.com/support/open-video-ads/ova-for-jw-player-5 documentation])
* OVA for JW Player 4 (commercial plugin - [http://www.longtailvideo.com/open-video-ads/ try or buy], [http://www.longtailvideo.com/support/open-video-ads/ova-for-jw-player-5 documentation])
* OVA for Flowplayer (commercial plugin - [http://www.longtailvideo.com/open-video-ads/ try or buy], [http://www.longtailvideo.com/support/open-video-ads/ova-for-flowplayer documentation])
The source code is available for all of the products, though only OVA for AS3 is open source and licensed under GPL. Extensive documentation on each of the OVA products is available on the [http://www.longtailvideo.com/support/open-video-ads OVA Community Site].
=== OVA in Action ===
A wide range of [http://static.openvideoads.org/qa/latest examples] are provided with the [http://www.longtailvideo.com/support/open-video-ads OVA documentation] to illustrate the range of capabilities delivered by both the OVA for AS3 framework, and the individual player plugin implementations.
You can also try our new [http://www.longtailvideo.com/support/open-video-ads/22822/ova-for-jw5-tag-validator VAST and VPAID Validators] - example players that allow you to test your VAST ad tags with OVA. We have a validator for [http://www.longtailvideo.com/support/open-video-ads/22823/ova-for-flowplayer-tag-validator Flowplayer] and [http://www.longtailvideo.com/support/open-video-ads/22822/ova-for-jw5-tag-validator JW Player 5].
In addition, the technology is deployed on a large number of commercial sites, each successfully delivering IAB compliant video advertising.
Are you successfully using the technology? If so, please let us know - it helps to share experiences across the community.
== Licensing ==
In broad terms there are two sets of licensed product on offer by Open Video Ads:
* The OVA for AS3 framework issued under dual (GPL3 and commercial) license terms
* OVA Player Plugins issued under a commercial license
A detailed account of the OVA licensing agreements can be found [http://www.longtailvideo.com/ova/commercial-license here].
For further clarification on the licensing issues surrounding OVA or to apply for a commercial software license for the OVA products, email email@example.com
== Participate in the Community ==
This framework is a freely available, fully open-source GPL V3 based product that is supported by active community participation. There are many ways to contribute to the development initiative - by submitting code, documentation, testing and generally providing help and support in the development of new functionality.
For more information on how to contribute, review this [http://www.longtailvideo.com/support/open-video-ads/ova-for-as3/13064/how-to-contribute short guide] and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can follow us on Twitter @ [http://www.twitter.com/openvideoads OpenVideoAds]
== Report An Issue ==
Have you discovered an issue and wish to report it?
Two options are available to you - either enter it directly into our ticketing system (requires registration which you can do in a single step [http://developer.longtailvideo.com/ova/register here]) or email the details to email@example.com. We'll pick up the email, evaluate the request and enter it into the issue tracking system so that you can then track our progress to address it.